Painting with a Twist Named in Franchise Times Top 500 List
The Painting with a Twist brand continues to thrive with the support of our headquarters team and amazing hardworking franchisee family. We’re honored to be the #1 creative franchise in the Franchise Times Top 500 list for 2022.
The Franchise Times Top 500 is an exclusive annual ranking of the 500 largest U.S.-based franchise systems by global systemwide sales. The project is the result of a five-month research and reporting effort that leads to the most credible and objective franchise ranking available.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the Franchise Times methodology and process when selecting franchisors for the list:
In a five-month research process and building upon a database that began in 1999, the Franchise Times research team uses a combination of companies’ voluntary reports and publicly available data, including the franchises’ most recent franchise disclosure documents (FDDs) and Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
The research team spends months compiling information for the rankings, the five-year sales history graphs, Top 10 lists and industry subcategories, and then reconciling to ensure all published data is accurate and all estimates are based on a solid sales formula.
The franchise award research process is as follows:
- Beginning in late April they send an initial email with a survey to business contacts from a wide range of databases back to 1999.
- They enter the survey information into their database and update applicable records with new ownership, top executives, etc.
- Then they verify the information by reconciling sales, unit and unit volumes to prior years in their database. If discrepancies are found, they address at that time.
- They then ensure that the company qualifies for participation:
- Must be a legal U.S. franchise
- Franchisees must own at least 10% of the company’s total units
- Company must be based in the US or have at least 10% of total units in the US
- Then they review systemwide sales, which is defined as the total sales for both franchise and company owned units. These sales figures represent sales to customers.
The final list of the top 500 franchises are then published in the October Edition of Franchise Times Magazine!
Here are a few quick fun facts about Franchise Times & this award:
- Comprehensive: The Franchise Times Top 500 is the most comprehensive ranking of the 500 largest U.S. franchise systems.
- Objective: It’s backed by more than 20 years of research and is the only objective ranking available.
- Expert: Each year they deploy seven researchers and reporters for a five-month process to collect, verify and analyze the numbers.
- Credible: Franchising is all they cover all year around, enhancing the credibility of the Franchise Times Top 500.
- Reader-friendly: They’ve grouped all 500 companies into industry categories, so readers can easily compare top, middle and bottom performers.
Ready to be part of a growing and FUN franchise business? Schedule a quick chat with us to see if you’d be a great fit.