Painting with a Twist named to Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 for seventh consecutive year
Ranking us No. 1 in our category, the Franchise 500 recognizes the growing potential in our paint-and-sip franchise
Painting with a Twist is proud to announce our inclusion in Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500, an annual ranking of the nation’s best franchises. Among paint-and-sip franchises, a category we pioneered, we earned the top spot for the seventh consecutive year. The honor comes on the heels of the company’s incredible performance in areas of marketing, robust national partnerships, technology, franchise development and new product launches that closed out 2019 on a high note.
The Franchise 500® ranks brands on outstanding performance in areas including unit growth, financial strength and stability and brand power. Painting with a Twist is ranked No. 213 overall on the list and No. 1 in the category of Paint-&-Sip/DIY Studios.
Notable accomplishments for the brand throughout 2019 include:
- Improved marketing technology: Painting with a Twist introduced three major platforms to assist franchisees with marketing efforts, including email, text marketing and social media advertising support. With the upgraded technology, the company has seen an increase of 18% in web visits per studio over the past four months.
- Top-notch partnerships: We partnered with Disney’s theater release division for the first time on two of the biggest releases of the year: “Frozen 2” and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” which included a lineup of movie-themed painting experiences available exclusively at Painting with a Twist. The partnerships are designed to expand revenue by bringing in more family business. We also continued the successful relationship with Disney’s DVD release division, promoting “The Little Mermaid,” “Captain Marvel,” “Aladdin” and “The Lion King.”
- Revamped approach to franchise development: Painting with a Twist is laser-focused on identifying the right franchise owners using a number of proprietary personality and site selection tools for smart growth. In late 2019, we signed an agreement to debut the brand in Las Vegas and expand our presence in Atlanta with the addition of two new franchise owners.
- Technology/POS upgrades: One of our brand’s competitive edges is the proprietary technology that helps franchise owners manage their paint-and-sip enterprise. This year, the company rolled out improvements in customizing the guest experience and managing guest information with key integrations in newly-introduced marketing platforms.
- Successful new product launch: Our paint-and-sip franchise debuted a new surface for painting experiences — wood boards, now available in all locations for an average price point of $45.
“Painting with a Twist continues to lead the field in delivering innovations that enhance the carefree escape our guests experience in our events,” said Painting with a Twist CEO Joe Lewis. “There’s a lot in store for us in the next year, and we’re excited to keep up this momentum for our franchisees and guests across the country.”
At Painting with a Twist studios, guests come together to share a creative social experience with friends and art. Studio sessions are led by local artists, and guests gather in a relaxing party atmosphere to enjoy casual step-by-step instruction that lets them transform bare canvases into fun art.
About Painting with a Twist
Painting with a Twist, based in the New Orleans, Louisiana metropolitan area, is the original and leading paint and sip franchise with approximately 300 studios open or under development in 39 states. Nationally, guests have created more than 10 million paintings at studios throughout the country since Painting with a Twist started franchising in 2009.
The company maintains a strong focus on giving back to the local community, and was recently recognized by the International Franchise Association’s Franchise Education & Research Foundation’s Franchising Gives Back Awards. To date, Painting with a Twist has donated more than $5 million through its charity arm, Painting with a Purpose. As the fastest-growing franchise in our category, Painting with a Twist has been ranked the No. 1 Paint and Sip franchise as part of Entrepreneur magazine’s annual Franchise 500 edition for the past seven years.
To find out if a Painting with a Twist franchise is right for you, fill out the form on this page to start a conversation.